Episode 34: What’s in a name? That which we call metal by any other name would still be metal.
Earlier this week, a very interesting conversation started on Google+ about what will surely be an ongoing discussion here: What is metal? Regular listeners of this podcast know we cover a broad range of sub-genres, including bands that barely skim what would be considered heavy (Alcest and Dead Letter Circus come to mind first), yet these bands, and many other not-so-heavy bands, are generally accepted by the metal community. Does that makes them “metal”? This is exactly the topic we start tackling, and encourage you to get involved in through the comments here or any of our other social forums.
In addition to this epic topic, we review some undoubtedly metal albums and EPs and have some fun with another iTunes Shuffle review.
Reviews: Havok - Point of No Return; Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky; TesseracT - Perspective; To Speak of Wolves -Find Your Worth, Come Home
iTunes Shuffle – Metallica - S&M
About The SIDESHOW Podcastwww.thesideshowpodcast.com
DO AS WE SAY:
- Heading out to #Williamsburg #Brooklyn for #bar hopping, #beers, and good ol' fashion fun. And this is… instagram.com/p/ZdYE1VLFE1/ 3 hours ago
- Last one...#Kvelertak ended the #concert having the crowd play some #drums. #punk #metal #latergram instagram.com/p/ZcBHWBLFPC/ 16 hours ago
- Though I think #Kvelertak's #bassist was happiest playing on the bar. #concert #punk #metal #latergram instagram.com/p/ZcA52qrFOx/ 16 hours ago
- #Kvelertak's #bassist was much happier standing in people instead of the stage. #concert #punk #metal… instagram.com/p/ZcAr4uLFOY/ 16 hours ago
- Lastly, #Kvelertak tore up The Studio. #concert #punk #metal #Norway #latergram instagram.com/p/ZcAo7hrFOW/ 16 hours ago