As we shared through social media, this episode comes to you late because Brian got a new place and Nick helped him move all weekend. Instead of slighting you awesome listeners with a quick show just to get it done, we made you anxiously wait for the real deal. So without further delay, here it is!
Rivers of Nihil – Where Owls Know My Name (Metal Blade)
Slugdge – Esoteric Malacology (Willowtip)
Voidhanger – Dark Days of the Soul (Agonia)
Rivers of Nihil – Where Owls Know My Name
Voidhanger – Dark Days Of The Soul
Allegaeon opened for Rings of Saturn. I’m intentionally not looking at the upcoming shows yet because I’m going away in the near future and whenever I go away there is always some great show that comes to town that I end up missing. So I’ve decided that I’m better off not even looking at what’s coming up until I get back in town.
-I’ve only listened to the new Rivers of Nihil once so far, and I have just a one word initial impression: Fallujah.
-Maybe I misunderstood you, but Ne Obliviscaris doesn’t have any saxophones. They do have a violinist.
-You’d probably have an easier time coming up with 50 bands from New York than coming up with one band from each state.
-You’re missing out on the new Between The Buried And Me.
-Live review: Allegaeon was awesome at Gramercy Theater last Saturday night.
– Pretty sure I follow, though that band didn’t even cross my mind.
– I guess i was comparing the saxophone to the use of violin. I just wasn’t clear and/or forgot what the different instrument was because I’m sleep deprived. Lol.
– Yeah, we really would. The glut of bands from the city alone is ridiculous.
– Are we missing out? Despite having listened to the last two (?) I still haven’t really cared.
– Who did they play with? I don’t even remember this tour… I really have to look at up-coming tours again because I’m sure I am going to miss something.